Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Why is Papyrus bad?

I have been looking at some logos lately that all use Papyrus and have been wondering why it is used so often and why it is so bad.  I have been taught that papyrus is evil.  The best reason is because a good designer should be able to create texture and doesn't need to use a typeface that is texture.  I know this explanation doesn't make the most sense.

I personally think that Papyrus is overused and the design surrounding it often posses the same earthy feel. 

I really liked what Ryan Stemkoski had to say about the font in Please Papyrus Don't Hurt 'Em. 

It could be a fun project to redesign some logos that all use Papyrus.  I think that my first redesign project will be my church's logo.  I do think that the design works for our church but I still think that it could be improved.  I also really like the concept behind the name Emmaus Road.  I would like to try to portray more of the story than the currently logo currently does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com