Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Short Lived: Complete Story

Artist Statement from the show

The drawing technique of ink and wash along with graphic design concepts are both influential in my current work. Ink and wash is a medium that I have been exploring recently. As part of this exploration, I was excited to combine ink and wash with book arts, as the two work together well. My formal training in graphic design also had a major influence on my current work. The technical skills and precision needed in graphic design translated well to the construction of the books. The communication of ideas is also a strong focus within the graphic design discipline, and this skill is especially important with the political and social topics that I choose to address. I’ve found that these topics are well suited to book arts because of their interactive and intimate nature. For these works, I was fortunate to find that my formal training, current artistic direction, and personal interests fit well together within the book arts discipline.

The book show will be up through September 29th.  At the Works of Wyoming art gallery.

As mentioned above, I often address social topics.  The topic of abortion still leads to heated and controversial arguments (or discussions, if lucky).  I like addressing serious topics through art because I can allow the viewer to think for himself.  I not telling the viewer what to believe or what to think but there is still interaction and dialog.  



As an artist I am fortunate to be able to talk about topics in a unique language.

I like that my art can be as bold or as mellow as I want it to be.  It can be in your face and powerful or it can hint at an idea or symbol.  What are some social topics you would like to see addressed in my artwork? Take the one question quiz or let me know below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com