Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Monday, July 9, 2012

Chuckwallas

I am currently working on a series of snakes, lizards, and frogs. When people who are unfamiliar with watercolor or ink they tend to be surprised to watch the piece progress. When I was learning watercolor we had a joke that you have to ruin and then save it if you want a good piece in the end.


Here is my painting of a Chuckwallas from the Denver Museum of Nature and Science Snakes&Lizards exhibit.


This seems to be true for many of my paintings. They all go through a rough patch or two right before they work out.


These rough patches are what keep me going. I love the challenge of fixing what seems to be ruined.  


The finished work is up on my studio wall…

Subscribe to my newsletter to see the finished Chuckwallas and other paintings before they are seen online or at my open studio (August 17, from 3 - 7).

If you are interested in attending  my Open Studio Party RSVP or learn more follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com