Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Productive Playtime and Profitable Passions

Over Spring Break I went to the Golden Key National Honour Society Regional Summit (This is the official terminology). One of he sessions that I attended focused on how you can do the things that you love doing and build your resume at the same time. My list from the workshop included things like arts/crafts, snowboarding, hiking/camping/backpacking, rock wall, riding my bike, working with people, blogging/journaling, yoga, and networking. Many of these interests could translate into leading art lessons with kids, graphic design projects, photography projects or volunteer work and community service.

I would now like to use the chart we were given to see where some of my more random projects (which I have posted in this blog) could fit into my grand scheme of being a an artist (photographer, illustrator, and/or graphic designer).

Click below to see my final chart and to read more about being a scanner (or to learn what the term refers to).



I would also like to address all those out there who have many passions.  There are two trains of thought. One is that you have to be focused on one road (a diver), the other is that you can have many interests and be passionate about many topics and still be successful (scanner). I tend to follow the second and believe strongly that it is my array of diverse interests that makes me unique. I also believe that his is what will lead to my future successes, whatever they may be.

Refuse to Choose by Barbara Sher looks at the difference between a diver and a scanner, why scanners are often looked down on (exposes the myths of why), and offers many secrets to how and why a scanner can and should be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com