Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Exposição de Arte: Week 3

One evening a super close Brazilian friend took us to an art reception. The art was wonderful.

I really enjoyed watching Alex and the other Brazilians look at the work. 

It opened a window into Brazilian culture. Alex spent nearly 15 - 20 minutes looking at and thinking about a drawing in the first room. Though he may not have spent that much time looking at all the works, he did spend much more time than Americans. I don't think he ever made to the entire show. 

The idea of time and how we relate to it is very different in North and South American cultures and this certainly could be seen in the way we view our art.

This piece was one of my favorites.

I absolutely loved the experience and the space as well. It was in an old abandoned beer warehouse with walls that seemed to have been built for this specific show. (Though of course it's possible that they were site specific pieces.)

 I hope to return to see the other exhibition. 
I would also like to talk to some of the artists a bit as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com