Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Highlight for Felicia Follum Art + Design

I found the idea of sharing the highlight of my artwork of 2011 with you while reading the Art Biz Blog and decided that it would be beneficial to post about my most significant accomplishment of 2011.

The accomplishments that I am the most proud of revolve around my most recent art exhibition and body of work, Make it Plain.  Make it Plain was my first solo show, none of the work was created for school in any way and the amount of research that went behind the work was huge.

I am extremely excited about the work itself. I am proud of the quality and quantity of the art. I am proud to say I have a cohesive body of work.  In addition to the work itself, I am excited about the responses from both the community.

The African American and Diaspora Studies, Religious Studies and Philosophy departments all supported my work and I was even asked to submit my exhibition to another gallery on campus. The African American and Diaspora Studies department encouraged students to attend my show and writing their final papers on my body of work was an option. The 234 Gallery focuses on social and educational artwork.  I was contacted after the application deadline and encouraged to apply to display my work in their gallery.  I am proud that my art exhibition will be on display in the same gallery as a photographer for the National Geographic.

Thanks for all you support and time spent reading my blog and looking at my work. I couldn’t have achieved what I have without you.

Check back tomorrow to see my goals for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com