Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Sunday, February 19, 2012

What is The Good Mule?

The Good Mule is a student-led organization that is designed to equip students with the tools they need to fight for their own causes.  This justice based conference was the perfect venue for my artwork and I was honored to be the Featured Visiting Artist for the event.

Why a Mule?

Wikipedia describes a mule as the following…

“The mule possesses the sobriety, patience, endurance and sure-footedness of the donkey, and the vigor, strength and courage of the horse. Operators of working animals generally find mules preferable to horses: mules show less impatience under the pressure of heacy weight.

Mules exhibit a higher cognitive intelligence than their parent species – horses and donkeys. Mules are highly intelligent. They tend to be curious by nature. A mule generally will not let the rider put it in harms way…”

Though I will not be a student next year I am hoping to stay involved with the Good Mule in the future.  I would certainly be interested in facilitating, speaking about art and activism or displaying my artwork again. 

Check out some of the other organizations that I support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com