Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Summer Goals

My summer art goals.
1. Complete work for my African American Black Beauty/Social Justice/Culture show. I would like to have some extra work and then narrow it down from there. Here is what I would like to create (I am not sure what will go in the show yet and these are just ideas )
   a. 5 – 10 poster designs
   b. A black hair care line
   c. Some (5 - 10, see below) ink and wash drawings or water color paintings – for a challenge. I am not sure that they will be included in the show.
   d. A t-shirt stencil or some type of graffiti art (maybe ink and wash)
   e. C and d can be used in a poster design and will still count.
   f. zines

2. Along with having all the work for the show, create promotional materials and press releases given out to the community on time. I know little about this, so it will be a learning process.
   a. I would like to find a checklist of some sort and
   b. actually use it.



3. I would also like a part-time summer job related to the arts. If it is not related to the arts that is fine but I don’t want to work more than 20 hours/week (although three 10s would be fine).  Maybe I should say that I don't want to work more than three days a week.
   a. I want two days to focus on my art and
   b. two days to focus on Jim and life and others.

4. Work more (see above) on ink and wash/ watercolor and on my photography. The photography may be more for fun than for profit. We will see.
   a. I would like the do 5 – 10 water media drawings that I am happy with (for the show or not)
   b. I would also like to complete several (3 - 20) sketches.

5. Email professors to get more information about submitting for the BFA degree.
   a. Ask about what work to submit.
   b. Ask/find my references to be references.

6. Find an art community in the Tri-Cities and start building relationships with local fine artists and graphic designers. Maybe find one artist that I respect to critique my work, website, or offer advice on ways that I can increase my craftsmanship or professionalism. (Sara Nelson does not count; it needs to be a new person.)

7. Find two galleries and start establishing connections. “Connections” include, but are not limited to, introducing myself, volunteering, or submitting work to a juried show.  Really just building connections with those in the art world.

8. For the art lessons that I will be giving, I would like to focus on age appropriate lessons and learn to create better lesson plans for a variety of ages.  I would also like these lessons to be able to be used next school year and for other children.



In the next year (by June 2012)
1. Lead two art workshops or co-lead 4 workshops.
2. Organize my travel art supplies
3. Organize my business identity
   a. This is for websites and social media
   b. Answer the questions below



In the next 2 years (by June 2013)
1. Figure out/organize my online social media and website. Figure out what the purpose of each is. Twitter? Facebook? Website? Blogs? LinkedIn? Do I want everything to lead back to an artist website? Do I need to redo this website? What do I want my artist website to look like? Do I want my artist website to be about selling work or jusr introducing work? What venue is best for selling my work? Should I plan on all of this changing?


Long term goals
1. Work with “troubled” youth, the homeless, or another marginalized people group. I want to use art as a form of therapy or for spiritual growth. I would also like to be able to lead seminars about the business of art, the importance of art and give basic lessons in a variety of mediums. I am not exactly sure what these goals will look like and there is a good chance they will morph and become more detailed.


PS The idea for my art goals came from the Art Biz Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com