Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Brown Girls Dream Come True

Michelle Obama

"Thank you for being a brown girls dream come true, something tangible to look up to."
 ~Jasmine Mans



I love this poem.  I think it is beautiful for those of us who do not share the physical characteristics of many past American leaders to be able to relate to someone in power in a way we have never before been able to.


I am not posting this post to tell you to vote for Obama this election. I think that there can be wisdom behind any vote.  I simply wanted to honor an inspirational First Lady who has made a significant impact in the lives of many young ladies out there.  I know that the African Community (Mexican American, and Native American communities as well) all need some more strong positive and beautiful role models for our children.

Reguardless of the outcome of the 2012 election I do not want this amazing woman to be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com