Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Waterlilies and Freedom from Sex Slavery

My current plan for my Lily Pad series is to create one Waterlily for every 100 Lily Pads (the details and numbers might change as this project progresses).  Each flower will represent one girl who has been rescued from human trafficking (sex slavery, indentured servitude or other forms of forced labor) in the US for every 100 who are not found.

Lily pad postcards
The waterlily is often used to represent hope, rebirth and new life.  Making it the perfect symbol for those who are rescued and given the chance to start a new healthy and safe life.

Update: Since this post I have changed the 100 lily pads for every 1 water lily.  My goal for total number or lily pads (and water lilies) is 1,500.  I am over 500.

I now have cards for sale and the an gallery space for early April.

3 comments:

  1. Human trafficking is the worst cancer to ever attack humanity. This is a beautiful way to raise awareness about such an ugly subject. I have pinned your project and wish you much luck on getting the word out about your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gayle, Thank you for your support and for sharing my artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gayle, Thank you for your support and for sharing my artwork.

    ReplyDelete

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com