Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Srping/Summer Questions Inspired by YouTube

I teach a blogging class at the Cooper Center for Creative Arts. As a part of the class we are creating posts based on TAGs from YouTube. As a class we created a list of questions inspired by several TAG post questions and picked our favorites from that list. I am creating this post to share with my students. I may create a YouTube video as well so be sure to check out and follow my channel. Below are my favorite five questions from the list.

In this post I will use several of the techniques we are studying including lists, story, photography, link roundup, recommendation/review, and tips. I hope you enjoy!

What are your favorite spring/summer accessories?
(example of a List post)

Scarves with tank tops
Scarves with long sleeves
Scarves with puffy vests
Scarves wrapped around my head
and
Cut t-shirts with bangle bracelets (my Style and DIY YouTube videos can be found here)
but
mostly scarves


What is your favorite flower?
(example of a Story post)

My favorite flowers are...well, honestly I love any wild flower. But my absolute favorite flower is a wild orchid. More specifically the red ones that grow on a red and purple stem. And of course there is a story behind my specific love of wild orchids. I went to a flower camp in Colorado with my mother-in-law (at the time soon to be mother-in-law) where we identified one hundred and seventy some wild flowers. We drove to at a 14,000 foot elevation. Thoe whole experience was fantastic. We had a ton of fun with the Colorado old hippy flower laides. My mother-in-law was the youngest by about twenty to thirty years and there was me.

As we ventured we found some orchid species that were completely red and were actually a fungus and not a flower (I'm not a scientist so I won't try to explain much more). These flowers fascinated me. I painted them. I drew them. I went for day hikes to look for them. I went for night hikes scoping them out with my head lamp.

Still over four years later when I am backpacking or camping or hiking I tend to stop to smell, paint, and look at the wildflowers and if I see a red fungal orchid I scream a bit, jump up and down and show everyone on the trail with me as I explain this entire story.

What is spring/summer like where you live?
(ecxample of a Video and Reccomendation/Review post)

Laramie’s weather is pretty crazy….

Though I recommend that you come visit. Check out this video to see why.

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel to keep up with me and my art (I also talk about things like my dreadlocks and art business).
Are you going to go camping or going to camp this summer?
(example of a Photo post)

Yes! Yes! Absolutely! Yes!  I love camping and bacpacking.





One very special reason why I love camping is taking time to be alone in creation. Read more on my sckrlgn blog.

Are you going on vacation or Spring Break?
(example of a Link Roundup)

Yes, I will be traveling to India this summer. I have a couple blog posts about traveling in response to Haiti and I plan to create a couple more. I will most likely create some posts in response (and preparation) for India.

All of my Haiti Posts can be found here.
Past Haiti Trip
A Language Barrier, not a Communication Barrier Pt. 1
A Language Barrier, not a Communication Barrier Pt. 2
I am Thankful for My Water
Syncretism: Mixing of Religions If I were to go back and edit, or rewrite, this blog post I would talk about the difference between culture and religion and where that boundaries is or is perceived to be.
Being Jesus/Love in Haiti
Thomazeau, Haiti
Next Trip...(Things I would Change)
Beauty in The Broken
Life in Haiti
Maps
Art Lesson Ideas
Personal Motivation for Travel (to Haiti)

Stay tuned for more India posts!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com