Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Art Goals: March update

Artwork goals

     1. Have a new body of work ready to be submitted to the 234 Gallery.
         i. I would like to have a show (apply for a show) next academic school year in the 234 Gallery.  I have some basic ideas focusing on this subject and have began some posters and sketches of various ideas.
         ii. This body of work will focus on the broad topic of sex trafficking, human trafficking, sex slavery and/or the sex industry.
             a. See Human Trafficking to track my progress
     2. Create at least 5 posters that are not a part of the final trafficking show.
 I have created 2 posters so far.
One in response to Haiti focusing on world water and the other is based on Maya Angelou's poem Phenomenal Woman.
     3. Create at least 5 (total, not counting the flower drawings) posters or other artworks in response to Haiti.
 I have created 1 Haiti artwork and am working on another for my water color class.
     4. Create 25 ink drawings, not involved in an exhibition or another project.  But can be personalized name drawings.
         i. Make 10 social justice related.
         ii. Sell 5.
     5. Create upcycling projects to sell on ETSY.
         i. Post my T-shirt Necklaces or scarves.
         ii. Find maybe two or three other projects (decide how much art should be on ETSY or if I should focus on upcycling).   I am currently thinking that I will create two ETSY shops.  One will focus on my artwork and the organizations that specific pieces go toward and the other will be about upcycling.
        iii. Make an upcycling poster to tie my upcycling to my ay art...or discover another way to more clearly tie the areas together.  Although upcycling could really just be a hobby...
     6. Look into creating greeting cards, prints, and a 2013 calendar with my artwork.
 I made four Valentines Day cards for fun.  I am excited to create more prints.

Personal goals (that apply to art making)

      1. Continue to learn about social media marketing.  ETSY is my next online sales/marketing site to learn more about.  I think that there is certainly potential.
      2. Lead 3 lessons at the gallery (in addition to my current clients). If anyone out there wants to learn more about blogging and social media marketing for a small business (with a limited budget) let me know. If you have Facebook contact me via my Art Page or comment below.  I would also love to teach drawing, basic art, or a variety of other lessons and skill sets.  I have had two new clients and am looking forward to more.
      3. Compile a mailing list - both personal and an art one both including email addresses and home addresses.  I need to get on this...it is a daunting task, but will be well worth the effort.

Networking goals

I plan to contact the following sites and ask for a guest post, or see if there are some options for me and my art : )

      1. Art social Art Political art blog – I have already had Grace is a Bit Queer and Incarceration featured on this blog.  This is one of my favorite art blogs and I have had another piece featured on the site.  Thanks for supporting my work!!!
           a. 1892
      2. Art and Social - create a lesson plan
      3. Submit Make it Plain
      4. Social he(art)
      5. Look into submitting content to 6 of these sites (Why 6? I don't know)

Though it was not a goal I have been accepted as a blogger for Art-A-Day. 

Create a potential viral campaign – see my “go viral” post on the Works of Wyoming blog.  I am not sure what this will look like at all....but I would like to try.  I will post the process as it happens.  Ok I might not share any secrets, though I have put some thought into marketing...not sure it will go viral but it will combine what I am passionate about with supporting my art...


Thank People

    1. Thank my fans on FB  I have thanked some of the art pages that like my page, though I have not had any great deals.  I did do a Pay it Forward thing for 5 people (well I haven't paid it forward yet)
    2. Thank clients/customers Done and done.
    3. Email clients monthly (OR SET A SCHEULE UP BY THE END OF THE YEAR)  I think that monthly is wayyy too often.  Maybe tri-annualy (is that a word?)
    4. Organizational goals  I need to organize files, images, my computer, paperwork, my bank account etc.  First step: Identify problem. done.

Create a schedule 

Time spent doing each of the following…
I work on all of these though it is not really blocked out and it changes from week to week.

a. Day job (currently WOW)
b. Creating art
    i. In class
    ii. Out of class
c. Marketing
    i. Online
    ii. Real world
    iii. Networking
d. Research
    i. Trafficking
    ii. Other ideas
e. Inspirational research
f. Free time (that is creatively beneficial)
g. Volunteering for art related organizations

Books

     1. I’d Rather be In the Studio by the Art Biz Coach, Alyson B. Stanfield
        i. Create blog post for and work on all actions that apply. I am behind on this...Back to it
     2. Read two other books for art inspiration.  I am curretnly reading the behind the scenes RENT book and Anne Lamott's Plan B. Neither have been finished yet.

Work goals (that apply to art making)

      1. Continue to develop my social medial marketing skill and knowledge.  Of course this has happened...
      2. Train 3 more clients or take on some personal clients (if funding for my position runs out)  I have three more clients at WOW
      3. Create SEO tutorials  I'm not sure that this applies anymore...


Website


     1. Purchase and use a domain name.  Preferably FeliciaFollum.com Done!
     2. Find a solution I am happy with.  Done.  It is not perfect, but I am happy with it.  It works much like a Flavors.me page.


Social Media Marketing Goals

     1. FB
        i. have between 300 and 400 likes. I am not sure what a realistic number is. If I reach this, I will shoot for 520, double what I currently have (260).  I am at 268.
        ii.Another Facebook goal is to create 3 professional notes about…
           a. Why I love working with people
           b. Why I love my current job
           c. Why I love giving lessons
       or
           d. Why I am qualified to give art and SMM lessons
       iii. Edit my FB profile setting to the point that I am happy using it as a digital resume (that is pretty casual)  This will be a continuous and ongoing project.
    2. Twitter
         i. Learn how to use it effectively Not quite.
        ii. Put what I learn into action
        iii. Be able to train other artists
    3. blog
        i. Post at least weekly all year.  Doing good so far.  I may have spread a couple out more than a week but overall I am still going strong.
        ii. Shoot for two to three posts/week
        iii. Research memes and linky parties to see if they are something I want to participate in.  I am not sure either would be worth my time.
        iv. Update copyright information and Full Disclosure information (example from CreatingReallyAwesomeFreeThings.com)
    4. LinkedIn
        i. Update my profile (bi-monthly)
        ii. Learn how to use LinkedIn to promote my art
    5. ETSY
        i. Have an active store.  Active can be defined by having the products rather than the clients...At least for now. 
        ii. Learn about groups and other ways to sell/promote using ETSY
    6. Squido
        i. Create a squido page on art and activism and maybe some other topics
    7. Pinterest
        i. Pin images at least twice/month Still going strong
        ii. Pin images to my art or blog at least monthly Done
    8. SEO
        i. Try some basic tips…
        ii. Write posts about a variety of artists and social issues
        iii. Boost page views
        iv. Look into ifttt if this then that
        v. Look into a variety of social media sites and see how I can use them for self promotion and for training others.  Digg is one possibility. I looked into Digg and it drove traffick to my site, though I am not sure it was quality traffic and Digg seems to be more time consuming than it is worth for me.
        vi. Create a schedule that tells me when to post on what to post on various social media sites
             A. Include Pinterest, ETSY, LinkedIn (the ones I don't use regularly).  Maybe include all in case I stop using some.
             B. Keep track of success
             C. Keep track of memes and holidays that could be significant.

I will post my progress and changes (more specific goals) throughout this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com