Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Short Lived - Social Artwork

I enjoy creating work that tells a story or communicates a message,
especially in response to a social topic.  
Since I possess a graphic design background it makes sense that much of my artwork would be about communication. 
This art book tells a short story and makes a point (though not obvious).
 This is one of my newest ink drawn creations.  It measures only 3.5 x 3.5 inches.  
The story is about creation and destruction...specifically an aborted life.
The way that I created the binding was also inspired by my graphic design experience.
It wraps around the book and is secured with a paper clasp.
The abstract shapes are characters that grow and change throughout.

I like that it is not too obvious, but once you see what is going on there is little doubt about there being a sad ending even if the issue of abortion is not picked up on.

The entire book will be back in my blog after the show opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com