Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ANArexia

Our school is starting a body image awareness group on our campus.  I am excited for this groups and am hoping we will focus on Anorexia as a topic at some point.

I am thinking about doing a series of posters or some other form of design work relating to eating disorders, specifically anorexia.  I have two videos that I have created for this theme as well.

It is really sad that our culture is becoming more and more overweight, but at the same time anorexia, bulimia and other eating disorders are becoming more and more common.  There are a ton of reasons that experts discuss.  Currently I would like to argue that ones diet is one of the easiest ways to gain control in some aspect of your life and as a culture we maybe feel like we are losing control.  I guess I don't know why we need this extra control in our lives but hey it seems to make some amount of sense to me.
The whole issue is fascinating but really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com