I used these two tutorials (1 and 2) for the basic understanding but made up my own rules.
I wrapped watercolor paper with magazine pages for the cover and used engineering paper for the filler paper. I might still decoupage the cover or keep it for a reference in the future. I think that purchasing some fancy paper would be benefical especially if I want to use the books for gifts. Fancy paper would also be good for paper beads. I will show you about paper beads at some point.
- Gather materials (all materials can be found around the house)
- a. A thick material for a cover and something to wrap the cover with.
- b. Glue
- c. String, lace or hemp
- d. Filler paper
- e. Something to make holes
- Create folds or cuts in the thick material where you want to binding to fold Wrap the cover like a present
- Cover the seems with a photograph.
- Punch holes in paper and cover
- String together
Here are some photos of my first practice book.
Some other book ideas to try