Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The ArtsVan

A short slideshow from my summer with the ArtsVan.




The ArtsVan travelled to various parks in and around Yakima, Washington, giving art lessons to kids.  Art is something that has almost completely disappeared from the school in Yakima.  Allied Arts also provides art lessons in the schools to help the kids get some exposure. 

Some of the communities that we worked in are heavy with gang violence, poverty, and single parents.  A goal of the van is to help these kids have a positive outlet as well as some positive role models, all while teaching them some basic skills (such as using scissors).

In the future, I would love to go back to Yakima and work with kids who are into gang tags and help them to put their efforts and talents into making artwork.  I will post some of my ideas for projects in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com