Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Zombies Eatin' Faces


"They eatin’ faces the zombies eatin’ faces".

I was recently approached by a fellow social activist and hip hop artist, Molina Speaks.  He was working on a track in response to the incident regarding a man eating another man's face and some of the new drugs out there on the market.  We talked about possible imagery and the darkness in the song and I went to work. 

This image, for me, was a response to researching some of these drugs.  Crock, which eats your flesh, and Bath Salts, which play a role in people eating other people's flesh are two examples.  Both of these drugs made me think of imagery surrounding zombies and the living undead.

Drugs can control your mind, body, and spirit (look at the lyrics).  In response to the being controlled, I included some circuitry like cyborg-ish objects in the background along with the hypnotizing background.

Download "Just Tryin' to Eat" here.  This page also has the song lyrics.  You can find out more on Molina Speak's Facebook Page.  You can see more of my art on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com