Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Shadows: Weekly Photo Challenge

This weeks  Weekly Photos Challenge was "Shadows: Intricate or Simple Patterns


This photo was taken one our first full day in New Delhi. We spent half of our Day at the block printing studio and half at Humayun's Tomb. We rented out the studio for the day and had an absolute blast. I really enjoyed chatting (haha well trying to communicate however possible) with the young boys and learning about a traditional Indian art technique. As the trip went on we saw block printed fabric, saris, and craftsmen making the blocks.

The red is my practice fabric, the blue is a wood block with ink and the multi-colored table below is where all the inks have bled through fabrics in many layers. My actual fabric was turned into a shirt and I printed a matching dupida in addition.

I will share my block printed creations in the near future... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com