Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Saturday, May 21, 2011

4orMore


Art Alley
Felicia Follum
Photography
Every year the University of Wyoming's Student Art League does an excellent fundraiser, The 4 or More Show.   The 4 or More event is composed of cutting 4”x4” panels of Masonite and mounting them onto balsa wood strips.  Each member takes 4 or more squares and creates some form of artwork on them.  They can also be used as a pedestal for a three-dimensional piece. 
For the actual sale the league picks a night when there is a concert or some other large event in the Fine Arts building, hangs the pieces on the kiosk wall and holds a silent auction.  The prices range from $4 to $44 in increments of, you guessed it, 4.  We usually sell upwards of 100 squares.
This fundraiser is excellent and raises a significant amount of money.  This past year my squares all sold for at least $16.  I was quite excited. 
Visit my website to see the rest of the images from this year and to see my squares from past shows.  One of my favorites from the past was a wood burned image of my salamander that stretched across two pieces.  A professor bought these two squares for her son.
Liquid Jesus
Felicia Follum
Photography
Dragonfly
Felicia Follum
Photography
Barnacles
Felicia Follum
Photography
Spider
Felicia Follum
Photography (no Photoshop)
I think that I would like to use this technique in the future to mount larger art pieces....Hmmm but what?  Any ideas?  What would you place on a 4"x4" square?

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com