Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Friday, May 13, 2011

African American Social Justice Poster Series and More

I am currently in the process of brainstorming and researching for my solo show in November. The show will be focused on African American culture, history and politics. I am looking at creating a poster series as well as an ink and wash section. The posters will address individual topics such as hair in the African American community, Black theology, and hate groups like the KKK and their impact in everyday life (mine included). The ink drawings will be about individuals that have played a large role in African American history.

Here are seven topics that I researched a couple months ago and plan to use.

In addition to those listed above, there are several names, events, and issues that I would like to research more. Here are six.
Haji Malik Shabaz
Angela Davis
Mumia Abu-Jamal
Al Sharpton
Tyler Perry
and
Tuskeegee

I will share some of my visual research in the next couple weeks...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement. I am certainly excited. I have a couple that are progressing and a couple pieces that are proving to be large challenges...I love it.

    ReplyDelete

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com