1. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. This campaign has so many components, from the variety of celebrities and politicians supporting the issue to the variety of apparel, action, information, and media options. Though not everyone will see everything, they will likely find something that they are interested in.
2. Have a street team who will help get your information out there. This team should consist of influential people in their various niche.
3. Plan everything and have a sound concept (maybe a couple aspects). if there is more than one concept, they should all tie together.
4. Have a website that is easy to find. KONY2012.com
5. Ethos, pathos and logos. Kony definitely possessed all three.
6. Target Audiences -
a. Freaks and maniacs - Those who are already interested will share your info
b. The Mullet Strategy - Business up front is the issue. The dance and Cover the Night would be the party in the back.
See more of my thoughts about KONY 2012 and purchase some of my KONY art.