Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A List Inspired by Tragedy: Creativity Prompt #7

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react."
"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react." John Maxwell

It is clear that the past few days have be composed of some gnarly events.  We all process tragedy differently and that is ok, good even. For this week's Creativity Prompt (#7) I invite your to take a look at my response and respond in your own time and your own way.

I have been writing a lot of lists for the blogging class I teach at The Cooper Center for Creative Arts. It serves as a way to brainstorm and process information. I have seen a lot of heartfelt posts and a lot of posts using the tragedies in the news as a political sales pitch. I understand that we all grieve differently and I understand that all the Facebook posts and trending topics on Twitter are important and necessary to those doing the posting.

I wanted to respond a bit differently so I decided to create a list and jot down some of the words going through my head. I am not opposed to explaining why I picked some of the words (though they might have just came to me).  I really don't want to argue or even debate (maybe I will put up with some respectful dialog, maybe). However, I am much more interested in knowing what words my list conjures inside of you.  Share a couple below.

Advent
Joy
Hope
Love
Forgiveness
Compassion
Understanding
Tough love
Grace
Justice
God
God in schools
Anger
Fear
Hate
Bitterness
Pain
Prayer
Prayer in schools
Violence
Crime
Shooting
Guns
Gun control
BANG!
Tragedy
Dead
Life
Afterlife
Redemption
Beauty
Family
Mental disorders
Peace
Treatment
Therapy
Depression
Holiday
depression
Art
Art therapy
Art in schools
Expression
Emotion
Inspiration
Fight
Poverty
Wealth
Inequality
Privilege
Loud
Honor
Sacrifice
Grief
Why?
Why not?
How?
I could never
Potential
Story
Your story
My story
Learn the stories of others
Teach
Love

What words or short phrases are going through your head? Post some in the comments or create your own list inspired by current events. How did you choose to respond to tragedy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com