Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Five Last Minute Ideas for the 2012 Holiday Countdown

Here are my final five ideas for this years Holiday Countdown. These five gift, craft, and decorative ideas are sure to brighten your home and could serve as last minute gift ideas. I hope you have enjoyed this Advent countdown.

21. Upcycled Bows made from an old magazine. I made these from varying numbers of magazine strips formed into infinity signs and glued together. I then rolled a center strip. They are all different. Here are the directions I found on Pinterest



22. Sparkle shoes using glitter, an old scuffed pair of ballet flats, and Modge Podge
Place supplies on an opened up cereal box to protect your work surface.
Apply Modge Podge to the area of the shoe you wish to be glittery.
I added a second layer of Modge Podge on top of the first glitter and filled in some of the rough areas.
Cover the top layer of glitter with another Modge Podge layer.
It's that simple.



23. An old spoon that has been bent and painted. My friend and fellow artist Amalie Baker received this precious spool ornament as a gift but it seems simple enough if you are a decent painter.




24. If you love wine there is a good chance you have some extra wine corks around. The idea above is a simple and quick way to decorate you home. The ribbons can be traded out easily for various holidays.

Some other wine bottle and cork ideas include making trivets, tree decorations, jewelry or key chains even placing lights in wine bottles. I have created several of these projects. Follow my Instagram page for more pictures of my projects.



25. Pine Cone decorations are simple and pretty. Roll a pine cone in a puddle of glue and sprinkle on the leftover glitter from your Christmas shoes. It's that simple. These guys are quick and make great last minute Christmas gifts as well.

To see more photos like these find me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or subscribe to my newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com