Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Sunday, March 13, 2011

5 Upcycling Projects I Would Like to Try

I love love love researching and looking for new projects to try.  I figured I would share some of my findings with you guys.  Many of these will make great gifts and be fun, simple projects.

The projects are handmade paper, a T-shirt patch, a purse organizer, picture frames and a skirt from a pillowcase.


This Thread Banger video talks about a T-shirt patch idea, inspi(re)d, The Big Stitch, and more.




Handmade Paper Using an Embroidery Hoop

This is a super simple way to create paper; however my only concern is that most projects that I have in-mind would use rectangular paper such as books and journals.  It may be possible to cut out rectangles.  I also have directions for a rectangle box, but it is more complex.

If the rectangles don't work there could be some fun projects for circular paper as well.

Here is another tutorial.  I think the paper in the other turns out better but I prefer this tutorial. 


Pillowcase into a drawstring skirt




Magazine Picture frames

These are gorgeous and I think that they would be similar to my storage totes.  The most difficult part would be getting the rolls that small.







DIY Purse Organizer

This is a great idea and I think it would be quite simple, and enjoyable to design these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com