Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Healing Power of Art

One of the things that I am passionate about is helping people. I love working with troubled youth, homeless people and anyone else who wants or needs help. I have been given various opportunities to work with people using the arts and various craft skills. I would like to create a series of posts that have ideas for projects that I can use in the future as well as projects that I have used or have seen used.  These project will fall under the categories of art lessons or art therapy.

Some of the possible posts in these categories may include projects for young children as well as art therapy projects, projects for persons with disabilities and educational projects for children and people in various stages of life.

One lesson was how to draw this bike in Adobe Illustrator.
Over the summer, I had the opportunity to give a couple young boys art lessons.  I loved every aspect of it, from creating lesson plans that both challenged and encouraged the boys.  The younger boy was seven and loved art while the older boy was not a fan of school or art.  The older boy was a challenge for example he pretended to fall asleep on his computer while I was working with him.  The projects that I used for these classes will also show up in future blog posts.

I would like to continue teaching classes and giving lessons in the future.  I am hoping to help out at the Works of Wyoming gallery with some of their workshops and maybe give some private lessons as well. 

I also hope that some of these projects will serve others. If you have any project ideas, modifications, changes, or resources please comment or send them to me and I will post them for others to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com