Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Laramie Photo Project

The Laramie Project: Photographs of Downtown Laramie

My photography was a part of the Works of Wyoming Member show.  The opening was Friday January 21, from 6-8 pm.  There was a live harpist a large variety of work.  The show will be up until February 18 and the gallery hours are 1-5pm, Monday - Friday.

Artists Statement:

I am currently a senior studying Graphic Design and Art at University of Wyoming.  From the time I was a little girl I have wanted to be an artist and am happy to say that this dream is coming true, and the details are falling into place.  One of my main goals is to use my art to help, and work with, people.  I have had the opportunity to give private art lessons to kids as well as working with an art therapist.  Both of these experiences have given me the opportunity to see the power that art has on an individual.
In school, I focus on conceptual design and believe this often carries through to my other work, although there are times that I abandon concept and simply design.  In addition to the computer, I enjoy working with ink and wash, jewelry, photography, sewing or a variety of other mediums.
In this series, I took photographs of Laramie’s downtown.  I took several images in and around the Connor Apartments, the Laramie Plains Civic Center, and other buildings.  This is just a small sample of these photographs.  Living in the Connor has opened my eyes to the beauty and intrigue of old architecture.  There are many stereotypes that a town or area may possess and one of my goals for this project is to encourage people to look around these old buildings, and Laramie, and see this new beauty rather than relying on their old pre judgments and expectations.

Here are some more of the photographs from the show and The Laramie Photo Project.
Each image is mated and for sale.  The dimensions of the mat are 9"x10 3/4"









Which are your favorite?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my site (you commented on my thursday 13 'bands i saw in '88, hehe).

    congratulations on your show! i would say i like the first shot the best as it is slightly off center. i remember spending time in MT and WY and know there are some amazing landscapes out there perfect for b/w.

    do you shoot film and do darkroom developing?

    weird thing to say maybe, but i have a mixed bag of darkroom paper and other photog stuff that i've been trying to find a photog friend to take off my hands - my email is ecogrrl24 at yahoo dot com, i'd be happy to send it to you (i hate throwing things away and as a photog i'd love to give this to someone who'd appreciate it!)

    www.ecogrrl.com for my photo work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Such a huge deal, well done and congratulations you must be so proud.
    Some really beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EcoGirl - I don't currently have access to a dark room but I will get back at you if I do in the near future. Thanks so much for the offer!

    ReplyDelete

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com