Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hot Chocolate

The last couple days have been pretty cold.  Yesterday was - 21 F and we still had school.  I guess last winter got over 10 degrees colder but still I don't like riding my bike or walking in the cold.

In response to the cold weather, I figured I would post about something warm.  That something is homemade hot chocolate that I made.  The recipe I have is a little too dark for me but it still tastes good.

The recipe (it is from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book):




1 25.6 oz. package of nonfat dry milk powder
1 16 oz. jar powdered non dairy creamer
1 8 oz. container unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
2 c. powdered sugar

I altered the recipe by adding peppermint, maybe a cup.
You can also add marshmallows.   

If you want to make these into gifts you can get a set of (I think) 12 mason jars and put a couple cups in each.  If you have old spaghetti or jelly jars they will work well too.  Take a square of material and place it in-between the seal of the lid and the wring.  You can use ribbon that you have to tie a bow.  I bought mini wisks to add as well. 

This recipe is a ton it makes around 30 servings.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com