Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Monday, February 14, 2011

Make a Valentine for Mother Earth...

or What is UpCycling?

Lets start by defining recycling.  Recycling is taking something old and and turning it back into something of equal value.  For example taking plastic bottles and sending them somewhere, having them processed and then turned back into plastic.  Upcycling is arguably better.  Upcycling takes something old, like those same plastic bottles, and turns them into something that can be used and has greater value, like a vase or jewlery.

Quick Definition



Why I Love Upcycling

Well, I have always loved art and being creative.  I also hate wasting.  I am not perfect and don't think this about everything but I go through weeks when I feel guilty every time I throw something away or look at how much trash we have.  I have recently decided to combine these two interestes and they produced Upcycling.  It sure has been a great discovery and journey.

My Projects

Here are my Upcycled projects.  So far I have created paper beads, pot holders, and shopping bags from shopping bags.  I am in the process of creating some storage bins using old boxes and rolled magazine paper.

Here are some great posts/websites on the topic of Upcycling.

7 things to upcycle

Sexy Upcycling - I still like the record bowls.

EDOT (Every Day One Thing)

UpCycle (Giving junk a second chance)

Crafting a Green World

Terracycle - This site collects trash.

Recycle This

Are there any sites that you absolutely love?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com