Pages

Felicia Follum Art has moved

New Website and Blog

Hey all!!!! My Blog and Website have moved to feliciafollum.com  Be sure to head on over!!!  

Monday, February 28, 2011

What Do You Do With Dead Roses?

Well here is what I would do...
Make Potpourri and Dried Flowers
and maybe take some artsy photographs along the way.




 


Tutorials below...
Project 1: Dried Flowers
I think I will use mine in handmade paper.
When your flowers start to not look so pretty, 
I start to take the gross petals off and dry them right away.
Just place them in a large book.  
This is my African American Literature book.  
I liked most of the readings a lot, this is just the biggest book that I have.

When full close the book for several days.

I put the flowers on the top few pages because it is easier. 
Then it is closed you can flip it over so there is more weight.

My plan is to use these petals in handmade paper and maybe make valentines day cards. 
When I was little I made books marks with dried flowers and other plants by placing them in-between two layers of lamination paper.


Project 2: Potpourri 

All you do is rip the petals off and throw them in a bowl or some other container.  It really is that simple :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

www.FeliciaFollum.com

My blog and website have moved. Be sure to check out www.Feliciafollum.com